Click on the photo to view gallery. Swipe left/ right or click the < and > arrows to scroll.
Latest photo blog posts:
- Bangkok and Luang Prabang 2016 travel log - I went to Bangkok, Thailand and Luang Prabang, Laos on October 19-27, 2016. Trip log: Click each day to see posts. Day 1: October 19, 2016– flew to Bangkok, Thailand Day 2: October 20, 2016– Bangkok Chinatown, overnight train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai Day 3: October 21, 2016- early morning arrival at Chiang Mai [...]
- Day 9 – Bangkok and Luang Prabang 2016 - October 27, 2016 Click photos to enlarge: On my last day, I went to the Jim Thompson House before heading to the airport after lunch. Jim Thompson was an American businessman who had a successful silk business empire. He disappeared in 1967 on a trip to Malaysia. 3 second clip of a woman making silk [...]
- Day 8 – Bangkok and Luang Prabang 2016 - October 26, 2016 (back to Bangkok) Click photos to enlarge: I took the metro to the Saphan Taksin BTS station that’s a staircase away from Sathorn Pier. There are ferries on that pier that go up and down the length of the Chao Phraya River. There were stalls selling black clothing for mourning the late [...]
- Day 7 – Bangkok and Luang Prabang 2016 - October 25, 2016 (Luang Prabang departure day) Click photos to enlarge: Early in the morning, I biked around again and took some photos of the Royal Palace Museum since it was too hot when I first went there on the first day for me to set up a good picture. The photo with the white [...]
- Day 6 – Bangkok and Luang Prabang 2016 - October 24, 2017 (Luang Prabang Day 3) Click photos to enlarge: I started the day with a great breakfast at Lotus Villa. I had this every morning of my stay there. It’s kind of like pho noodles but with a great tomato based clear broth. I would have two bowls and multiple spring rolls. I [...]