Contact: GemIsMyName AT gmail DOT com
I am an explorer and documenter of the urban landscape, of late, focusing on Manila, Philippines. My main areas of interest are in the language of architecture and structures, how urban artifacts shape their surroundings, typography, graffiti, signs, and transportation.
Before 2007, I photographed the balmy nights, blazing neon, and rural landscape of Southern Taiwan.
- short film: Where’s the Gag? (02:28)
- short film: Goner (03:25)
- music video : Satellite (03:00)
- video : Automatic Writing
- September 2013: my photo series Street Side Grottoes on The Typologist.
- September 2013: my photo series House of Soda featured on Lost at E Minor, Agonistica Cult of Photography and Dodho.com.
- March 2011: showed bicycle photos at Kuklos sa Kolektiv bike show
- Jan. 2009: invited to present my urban photos in the first part of the Neo- Urban Plan Open Platform at Green Papaya Arts Projects (41 T. Gener Street cor. Kamuning, Quezon City).
- 2004-2007: Misadventures in Taiwan Podcast. I have semi-retired this site since leaving Taiwan.
- Oct. 2007- :weekly photo contributor to Transit News (Street Snaps column)
- 2007: M.F.A in Animation, Tainan National University of the Arts, Taiwan
Just for Fun:
- 2015: I started a stamp collection website
- I had a part in Janus Victoria’s award-winning 2006 short film Hopia Express.
- Photos of my collections.
- Martin, this nice guy online (I don’t know him personally), entered Goner in stikfasgames.com’s Stikfas Animation Awards and it won the Best Technical Achievement award. They sent me this huge limited edition bronze 14″ Stikfas Alpha Male action figure (apparently only 1000 of these are in existence) as a prize.
- 2007- :I maintain the Taiwanese Zooomr blog.