1. Don Pancho (Rawson street, near P. Montt Avenue. near the interstate bus terminals)
Charquican con huevo, a traditional Chilean dish (comida tipica chilena) of mashed potatoes, beef, an egg. It’s really delicious, not to mention cheap. 1,800 CLP.
The dip called pebre they serve with the bread is also delicious.
I liked it so much, I went back two weeks later, and tried the cazuela, another traditional Chilean dish. This one was yet another home run. It was also only 1,800 CLP and really yummy.
2. Hotel Fauna – (Paseo Dimalow on Cerro Concepcion)
went to this rooftop bar twice, great view. food is great, but on the pricey side. great atmosphere, with outdoor seating on the balcony, with a good view of Valparaiso.
3. El Desayunador (Almirante Montt, Cerro Concepcion)
I had the churrasco chacarero sandwich and causeo queso tomato (goat cheese with tomatoes).
4. Casa Cerveceria Altamira – very good locally made craft beer, right beside Ascensor Reina Victoria.
5. East on Placeros Street, Valparaiso- really cheap Japanese food.
6. Casa Hesperia- Valparaiso
decent food, a bit on the salty side. I had the cazuela.